First Aid Remedies For Toothache
- If you got a nasty toothache and cannot really wait for the dentist to intervene,then try this first aid remedy and rinsing your mouth with hot water can give you some relief from the throbbing pain.
- Toothache is often triggered by food particles lodged between your teeth. In that case, using dental floss will help dislodge the hidden food particles from the corners of your teeth and relieve aches and pains.
- If nothing else helps, you can opt for an over-the-counter (OTC) pain reliever to dull the pounding ache.
- Alternatively, you can try applying OTC antiseptic cream containing benzocaine to the affected area to temporarily relieve the pain.
- Applying clove oil on the irritated tooth and gum can dull the pain significantly. However, if the swelling, pain, and infection persist for more than a day or two, you sense difficulty in breathing or swallowing and have mild fever, see a dentist at the earliest.
- A lot of people have benefitted from eating soup, soft sandwiches, liquids, and croquettes. Try eating soft foods when you have toothache to assuage the condition.
The only way to take care of your pearly whites is proper dental hygiene. However, in case of acute pain in your teeth and gum, you can try any of the above mentioned first aid tips for quick relief.
For more info on up and coming classes click here