Dates to be advised
Cork 9:30am to 4pm
Cost €100. (Group rates available)
Location: Midleton, Co Cork.
Book a place: Call 087-6792295
Patient Handling Training.
This course is designed for healthcare workers who need to be trained to safely move and handle patients under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work 2005 and Manual Handling Regulations 1993 and 2007
- The Law and its Application to the Manual Handling Environment
- Musculoskeletal System
- Biomechanics and Mechanism of Injury
- Ergonomics and Risk Assessment
- Basic Principles of Lifting
- Log Roll
- Sitting Patient up in Bed
- Turning patient in bed using sliding sheets
- Moving patient up the bed using sliding sheets
- Sitting Patient to edge of a bed
- Standing patient
- Transferring patient from bed to chair
- The falling patient
- Correct use of hoist / slings
Certification. On completion of the course and assessment, participants will receive a Certification which is valid for 2 years.
Duration: 6 hours.
Cost: €100/person. Group rates available