All First Aid has been rebranded.
First Aid Responder Refresher
1: March (Full)
2: April 1st & 8th
3: May 21st & 27th
For Course Information or to book a place call 087 6792295/021 4642938
Details: A comprehensive two day course designed to ensure First Aid Responders are kept up to date with current procedures and protocols. The Health & Safety Authority (HSA) now recognises the PHECC First Aid Response (FAR) training course as meeting the needs of occupational first aid.
This 2-Day course is open to anyone who currently holds a valid Occupational First Aid or First Aid Response Certificate which is due for renewal – even if the previous training was not provided by us. Refresher courses are essential every two years to maintain your status as an occupational first aider, to keep up with developments in first aid and to refresh skills learned previously that may be only intermittently used.
The refresher course incorporating the CFR Community standard offers a recap of the original course and is designed according to the identification of training needs of the individual participants of each class.
This course is designed to enable the learner to:
- Understand the responsibilities of the First Aid Responder.
- Provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of an injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance
- Provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- Be capable of coordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace
- Be familiar with Health and Safety legislation on First Aid provision in the workplace
Method: The course is highly interactive with theory being followed by demonstration, practical tasks and an assessment.
Attendees: Anyone interested in maintaining their skills up to date and their qualification current.
Requirements: Current OFA or FAR Certificate.
Certification: Successful completion of the First Aid Response Refresher course leads to acertification in PHEC. All successful participants will receive a certificate and wallet-sized certification card which is valid for two years. Recertification in First Aid Response is required every 2 years.
Duration: 2 days
Maximum number of participants: 8