Refresher Occupational First Aid
For Course Information or to book a place call 087 6792295/021 4642938
Details: A comprehensive one day course designed to ensure Occupational First Aiders are kept up to date with current procedures and protocols. This Course is Designed For:
All employees wishing to refresher their original occupational first aid FETAC level 5 training. Participants who are over two years and three months past completion of original training will be unable to partake in this course. If they wish to continue to be certified as an occupational first aider, a three day course must be re-completed.
Objectives: This course is suited to people who are in possession of a current Occupational First Aid certificate so as to ensure continuity of the qualification.
This course is designed to enable the learner to:
- Understand the responsibilities of the occupational first aider
- Provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of an injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance
- Provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- Be capable of coordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace
- Be familiar with Health and Safety legislation on First Aid provision in the workplace
Method: The course is highly interactive with theory being followed by demonstration, practical tasks and an assessment.
Attendees: Anyone interested in maintaining their skills up to date and their qualification current.
Requirements: Current OFA Certificate.
Certification: On completion of the course and assessment, candidates will receive a Certificate of Completion and/or a Fetac Level 5 Certificate which is valid for two years.
Duration: 1 day
Maximum number of participants: 10